Saturday, September 1, 2007

The Mural (what else?) :)

Hey, all. This is Katie from youth services. I was telling Angel this morning how much I love what you're doing with the mural... the sky and leaves are looking gorgeous, and I love the books around. I think the wrist with 1984 written on it is such a powerful image. It's definitely reminiscent of the numbered tattoos on the forearms of Jews from the Holocaust. It gave me goosebumps when I saw that sketch.

I mentioned to Angel that with the trees in the mural, the image of a bitten apple would be cool to include somewhere... symbolic of people taking knowledge for themselves (from the Adam and Eve story in Genesis, also used by Mac for their computers... but it's still a cool mythic image). Anyway, Angel wanted me to post that idea on the blog, so I throw it out there for your consideration. Take it or leave it. :) I love hidden, meaningful images... it's something I like to do when I write poetry, and it's something I already see a lot in this mural. I can't wait to see the finished whole!

No comments: